R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobao GPX4 Pro
Thread: Hobao GPX4 Pro
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 10:11 AM
Francis M.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moot
it also has rear cvd's,carbon fibre top deck and the side belts on the other side of the chassis. the chassis is also slightly thicker and the shape is a little different. it uses 0.8 gearing (spurs are the same as mugen,i run a mtx3 pro spec aswell and i interchange them) the pipe is different,and seems to be pretty good,i've currently got it on my prospec with a jp.

there a good car,but if you think there up to the level of a rrr or a prospec,your kidding yourself
i think performance wise it is up there with the RRR. I'm not only basing this on jeffrey lin's performance on one weekend but a couple of races now. what really sold me on the fact that this car is good is that Ryan namori in the amatuer class is the first amatuer to lay down an 18 lapper for amatuer and he did not just squeeze in the 18 laps.
Do i think it is better than the RRR no but if it in the same level with lower costs on pricing for parts i'm sold.

another car i'm considering is the mtx4 so i guess i'm getting which ever one gets released first i know the mugen kit price will be up there with the rrr but mugen prices on parts are reasonalbly priced and they do last long based on my experience with the mtx3