R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 04:29 PM
Motorman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how bout I put this a different way. They are literally the same dimensionally. does that make you feel better. I had no input in those pipes in any way but I bet the JP came first. I can tell you the same manu makes the VR 12 and the 505. they came along about the same time and I figure it was Ken's brainchild. Like the turbo 2 was mine. That pipe was copied a zillion ways.
you know what they say about duplication. Now Robbie you know I would not have said that about the JP pipe unless I had dissected one 67 ways. and done a comparison. Yes I know the JP is made by another manufacturer but the divergent and convergent profiles are the same, can shape, and stinger placement is literally identical. Theres only so many ways to slice a good design.

only reason I even mentioned it was I had a driver at the GLC ask what pipe we were using. when I told him he what we were using he blurted out were using the VR12. when I said there the same he just looked at me with this confused look. I said go get your pipe and lay it against mine. After he did he looked even more confused. He had no clue.

Last edited by Motorman; 08-18-2005 at 04:40 PM.