R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 06:06 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GoldFinger
Here my last experience using modded flyweights.
Usually i use the weight just like Initiald/Pyramid posted, great punch !! and yes shifting point is a bit inconsistant. I guess Julius ever mentioned why is that happen.
In last Nats serie, im using the Glen Cauley style mod. Still producing good punch and did not effected. Using modded MEGA ZX12, my car/engine is really flying. My best time during heat is awesome, nobody near me almost .300 sec/lap. Except Pyramid...
Before final, i rebuild the centax. Anything is in good condition and I change the yellow clutch shoe.
Right after 1st refuelling, my mechanics put down my car when Im still put full throttle blip (yes.. this is bad). That is happen 3 or 4 refuelling times.
What happen is the car lost almost 30% of bottom torque. I guess the clutch is burnt already.
Final is over, and im checking what is happening.
Clutch is burnt slightly, some dark brown glazing on its surface but i dont think that cost me lost of torque. Check the flyweight and... there is 3 wieghts right ? the 2 weight is broke in 2 pieces, the 3rd wieght pin hole is oval already.
So for me, I would back to use the mod just like the picture that Pyramid posted.
Sorry for long reading.. good luck!

Which Glen mod were you using? Was it the one with the grub screws in the flyweights with them still on the pins? I have used that clutch setup before and it worked very well for me.

Are you going to use the setup like Pyramid with the 2 grub screws? I thought Rick V. and others have said to lighten the flyweights by triming or drilling holes in them? I am so confused.

Thanks,
jag