R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing Discussions
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 11:49 PM
johnbull
Tech Master

Son Josh and I had another good session with the BMI TC4s yesterday. This is only the 2nd time Josh has driven the cars.

The first time was over a month ago when he immediately posted laps below the existing lap record. That was encouraging. Since then, whilst he has been away on holiday and generally enjoying summer, I have been doing some work on set up, and was pleasantly surprised yesterday to see that he was able to go even quicker - like half a second a lap below the lap record - consistantly.

I also took down a BMI TC4 with a difference. I milled the bottom of the diff cases and the one piece motor mount to lower them all by 2.5mm This means the top plate, prop shaft, motor mount, diffs, towers etc have all gone 2.5 mm lower, which brings that important CofG so much lower. We had a problem with too little steering throw so it was difficult in the tight corners, but it looked ballistic in the fast bits, and even pussy footing around the hairpins he was lapping close to the lap record. I can't wait to revise the steering and have another go.

I also can't think why nobody thought of doing this earlier - it's so easy.

Once it's ready I'll post some pics. In the meantimehere's a couple of pics of my prototype motor mount.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BMI Motor mount 05 001.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	84206   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMI Motor mount 05 004.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	84207