R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10th pan car
Thread: 1/10th pan car
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro ten Holland

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a good training session last night. There was plenty of traction, and we had the transponder system up and running, so we could monitor our laptimes. I tried some different setups, and even improved on my personal best laptime. Previous best was 16.1, now a posted a 15.9. At last, now I'm officially in the 15's club All other laps that run were in 16.0 to 16.3 range.
I'm currently experimenting with several front end adjustments. Previously I only used the 10degree caster blocks, last night I used the 0degrees parts. It made the car more stable in the slower corners, but a little too stable for my taste. Next week, I'll try both setups back-to-back. If the lap counting system is on, I can see what suits my driving style best. I also want to try the trailing steering blocks again. I now run the inline's. They seem to make my car a little nervous from neutral. I am however afraid I will loose too much mid-corner steering.
But further testing shall reveal the truth!
Pieter was doing well. He had a slow motor, but his car looked very stable, as was his driving. Too bad his leafsping broke halfway the night after touching the pitwall. It is good to see he's progressing very steadily. Erwin, you better start training, for he's coming for you