R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th On Road Losing Popularity?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Tire Chunker
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have raced 1/12 carpet, 1/10 carpet, nitro foam rubber, buggy and truck off road. I watched the guys race 1/8 at the Heart of America earlier this year in Minneapolis, it was great!!!!!!!! We just finished the Heart of America last weekend, raced 1/10 nitro, but was able to run a 1/8 scale I picked up used a few weeks ago.

Cost $400 which included: Used MRX-3 great shape, OPS TQ .21 mod engine, full set tires, and about $400 dollars worth of spare parts. Best deal I have had when buying rc gear.

BS about $500 for .21 motor, only if you are a pro will this make a difference, for 99.9% of us this would be a waste of money. $200 would cover a good engine. Tire are only $35 a set for Twister-you can spend more but why. It costs $32 for a set of four Take-off rubber tires. Overall the class is more expensive but only by 20-30%.

The new RTR will help but I think that the low price will hurt the class. By the time the RTR is upgraded it cost the same as the other brands Mugen Serpent ect.......ends up costing the same but is not in the same class as the others.

Most of us already have the servos, radios ect.......

I can't wait to race my 1/8 or the first time. Touring elec and nitro will be my main racing cars, but the fun of running a 1/8 scale is a hell of a lot fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/[email protected]

DSL 1/8th scale video