R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rant: RC Car Action Touring Cars Edition
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 08:02 PM
killswitch
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yr4dude and jamescam:

As a manager of a descent hobby shop I will tell you how your wife will never know.
1. Any good hobby shop should offer receipt filing (ie trash it)
2. Start a bank account that your old lady knows nothing about. Have the statement sent to your work, parents, unmarried racing buddy's house (anywhere other than where your wife is) I've got a RC account that my wife knows nothing about (been that way for 9 years)
3. Women relate to deals. If you say you got it for a good deal, the back lash may not be so bad. Use words like 40% off, 50% off, buy one get one free. Next thing you know they want to go shopping and don't give a crap what you bought. I've bought stuff for regular price and told her it was a good deal. She could've cared less that I spent $200 since it was a good deal.
4. A tennis bracelet or jewlery goes a long way to a new car. It doesn't have to be fancy, just something that glitters and sparkles (it will put them in a trance like state)
5. Always use the same paint job on your bodies. They won't have a clue you paid 20 bucks for that new body or that its a new car underneath.
6. Take your pit box, lunch box, or something else other than a hobby shop bag to bring parts into the house.
7. And as a last resort this line has worked for me- "I've had that thing in the garage for months. I got it in a trade I think."

Derek- keep up the good work on XRC. I can't keep issues on the shelf long enough to read one.