View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #18
MDawson
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Best of luck to Matt if this is so.

MF has a lot of great aspirations. I think his drive will carry over well with his chosen career.

After spending a good amount of time over the years with MF it is clear that his influence will continue to live well beyond his day to day involvement in r/c.

He is great representative not only to himself but the companies he has been involved in.

It has been a pleasure to have race, wrenched and competed with MF. I am sure that many of his friendships will go continue well beyond rc. He is truly in a special class of competitors and talent that have come from a line of accomplished racers like Gil Jr., Ron Rossetti, Jack Johnson, Joel Johnson. He was able to mold a lot of skill, knowledge and personality into an industry that lacks that kind of persona.

I however donít think he should hang it up yet, his cohorts of Baker, Kinwald, Cyrul, Hodapp, Toss, Easton and Pavidas still have a lot of run left in them to give the *new* young guys a lot of run of their contingency money

If it is so, good luck Matt. As a parting present, I would give you a bottle filled with every cheer, holler, yell, applause, and "Go Matt" that you have heard in all of your years of r/c, on and off of the track. Just so you could crack it open once in while to have a listen at a great career. My bet is that it might make you think of hitting the track one more time.

Look forward to seeing that.

all the best.

md