R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - moorebank website not working?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2005, 05:54 AM
Craig1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thats a total of $2550 just to be semi-competitive at Moorebank. This is one of the main reasons why Im attracted more and more to electric racing.

Maybe a spec class should be introduced.

Michael.[/QUOTE]

All good points Michael but when you have some of the best nitro guys in OZ running club days at Moorebank it's always going to be tough to make the A, as well as expensive just by the nature of the competition. I think this makes a lot of people think that they don't belong as they feel out of their deapth and it's hard to change that attitude.

The only way would be to run a spec class as you said but I think the pull-start type class has been tried but that it just simply hasn't been supported by the guys who run that class.

The price comparison to electric is interesting as that always seems to be one topic that comes up. I'd guess that it would depend upon the class you run once again and how competitive you wish to be. With the alternate classes that are available running electric you could just select one that you can afford but with N/T your either all in or not.

I did run electric before nitro years ago and one of the reasons I started running nitro is that I found it cheaper than electric at the time. It would be interesting to do an honest comparison but I think N/T would be costly.

I don't know, I just go and run my car and enjoy racing on a purpose built track, it just seems more enjoyable than any temporary type thing and that's what I like. I guess that's why I travel two hours plus each fortnight. Each to their own.