R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STOCK motor forum
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Rody
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Joe B
Rody...If your unsure, look the part number up on their website and list what base motor you have?..this way you can get an accurate spring recomendation......fantom dosn't make the actual motors themselves....It starts out as a specific base motor....like a monster, p2k2, MVP ect.......Years back,I tried a couple of their team tuned limited edition stock motors.....they were both p2k2's....they were "ok" ...... As far as a monster on the size track you mentioned.....a good starting point would be (red pos), and (red neg), with reedy 767 or trinity 4499's brushes......get your gearing just right for those springs.....and then make one purple (one step heavier) spring change at a time, (starting with the positive side) and watch your laptimes..good luck
I think the fantom started life as a monster. It came with 2 purple springs and 315 brushes with diagonal serrations (similar to the trinity 4505). This combo was pretty fast and comm wear was pretty good.

With my monster, I have a purple spring on the +, and a red on the - and XXX brushes. The comm wear was excessive and i found it really hard to find a gearing sweetspot. It was crazy fast whilst cold but came off the track hot. If i geared down, slightly, it was not fast enough . I have tried FDR's from 6.3 to 7.5. I think its just the nature of our track.

p.s. you right about those Fantom team stocks being "ok"