R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
On another note that STS team motor was a screamer!! It had all the power of a JP, very impressive!! I had a few too many DNFs due to other issues to do really well unfortunately, finished 25 our of 50 in the end. Never got in a good qualifier. Then with bad luck got into the "wrong" quarter final where I came 4th on 44 laps, top 3 bumped up. But I was 5th fastest out of the 2 quarters and "should have" bumped up with normal rules of 6 fastest. Dang. Anyways my final run was real fast and I was passing 3rd place when he spun, I hit him and damaged my body so it was dragging and I lost a ton of turn in. Was not my day
Gotta love going to the track with a better car and motor and performing worse. Always makes you think about the rule of just good driving versus wasting money on parts.

Allthough I dont live by that rule, its always lovely to have it re-introduced that way. Also was this with your new 2004 r40?

Im hoping the same doesnt happen to me. It almost seems the worse I make my car, slower engines , detuned engines and slow cheap servos...my car runs better. I think it has something to do with my mind. I go out with the best stuff and I cant focus correct cause im thinking how fast it will be and how it will do and how I dont want to break 80 dollar servos versus just plain ol driving.

I know with my old r40, my stock 3003 futaba servos and motor that was so rich I couldnt get into second. I was just tearing by people like they were stopped. I had like a good 15second lead over the 2nd place guy....lol. Then once everything was prepared and good for the next race. I get 8th or something horrible and was getting hacked all day.