R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EUROPEAN CHAMPS 1/10 Touring 2005
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 03:46 AM
Santosh
Tech Regular

Barry, you are definatly right. Finishing is of course the most important thing. And Timo didn't just finish, but drove excellent and extremely fast. He was just unbeatable in any condition (in my opinion). Does that mean he had no competition? I don't think so, just look at the dry times of Sunday.....

Everybody has problems with their equipment once in a while. Sometimes your pinion gear comes loose, sometimes you may burn out your speedo, sometimes you may have interference and sometimes your servo wire may be damaged. At least one of these things has happened to any racer at one time in their racing carreer. (and their are a lot of other things you can think off). Some you could have prevented and others you just couldn't. But when at one race event in every almost all qualification heats you have something like this happen it sounds very harsh when somebody says "to finish first, you first have to finish" ;-)

I was there (to watch) and Finals day was a beautiful day but the rest of the event was bad because of the changing weather. You never had a consistent track for more than 10 minutes. Sometimes you could see the puddles and sometimes you just couldn't. Sometimes there were some dry spots and 5 minutes later it started raining very badly. And can you believe that about only one hour after the finish of the last A-main it started to rain badly again?

I have a beautiful picture of Marc's and Timo's (cars) in a tight battle which I will post later.