R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PLEASE help me pick ONE!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2002, 08:44 PM
seaball
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i'm gonna catch flack for this, but the pro 3 is a horrible car. i had one that came and went without my even running it. tons of plastic and tiny dogbones...i don't really like it at all. too flexible, ... i don't even want to go on. this is just an opinion though.

i've had a kxone too, no parts suppart, and no full time 4wd w/o spending $70 more. not a big fan of it, but i ran it in cool weather with double diff setup.

i have an rclab and i've been trying to get parts for about two months. i will run it on carpet this winter, but it's taken this long to find a supplier that's instock, and i'll have to pre-spend tons of money so that i have a reserve of parts. neat car, not so neat parts access.

the atlas type r or type si are awesome cars, but integy only for parts, and they're ridiculously expensive. i really love the design of both versions though, with insane long arms and low cg.

the xray is a corally copy, so out of principle, i'd say buy the original...a c4.1 in this case. i have a used one that i'm trying to sell. cheap! really durable car, stellar craftsmanship, but a bit more difficult to get the setup right.

parts support, parts support, parts support...if that's such a big deal, then 90% of us would be running tc3's, losi's, or yoks. and guess what?....that's exactly what i see. that bores me to no end. yes, they are both a great value. and great cars to boot. but all the others are fully capable of winning just the same. i guess you have to figure out if you want to stockpile parts, or buy them from your lhs each time you break. i love having everything trackside ready to go. and having something a bit out of the ordinary. heck, here a shumacher is exotic! ...

oh yeah...my overall vote...the schumacher mission. SOLID in every dimension. sorry if that's not on the list. but i went down those too. good luck.

Last edited by seaball; 09-16-2002 at 08:48 PM.