R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - the next TC3
Thread: the next TC3
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2001, 09:50 PM
IMPACTPLAYR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Civic, I beg to differ, the STR-4 pro IS just a revamped version of the old STR-4, I know I have held both in my hands, YES- it will handle abuse better than the TC3, YES- it does have ball diffs, but that is where your knowledge of the car ends with the reviews....

The outdrives and internal gears are conciderably heavier than the origional TC3 steel units.
Speaking of the internal gears Academy has a really weird ratio inside the gearcases that requires a pinion at least half as big as the spur to even have any type of top end with a stock motor.
The car is nowhere near as easily set-up as the TC3.
The car even with it's graphite plate is nearly as heavy as a TC3.
The chassis is easily tweaked as with most dual deck tourers.
The chassis cannot corner as fast as the TC3 without traction rolling.
The shock absorbers do not build as smoothly as the Associated shocks.
Also due to the goofy bellcranks the car doesn't want to track straight.

The review did mention it's awesome acceleration, but that was after they strapped in a 10 turn motor, and the wheelspin will never be seen on a well set-up tourer unless you are on a slipper surface.

BTW: on the tenth tech car I remember seeing pics of that thing, from my last recollection the TC3 doen't have inboard shocks. Nore does the Tenth Tech car have a steering rack....

WAIT..WAIT..let me look at mine........For sure mine doen't have inboard shocks....

AND WHO IS Copying???? if I remember the TA01 was the first shaft driven car, and 1/8th buggies have been using shaft drive for decades, and before that..........

NOONE has a paton on shaft driven RC cars, just like General Motors doesn't have a paton on the ROUND wheel.....