R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Indoor Asphalt Racing!?!
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 08:37 PM
KINGZJ
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wtd,
I ran gt2 and f1 at the last tcs race at rco. My f1 was very easy on tires I ran the same set all weekend. I actually won gt2 but because of transponder isues (#2 was not working and I was being hand scored) they said the local kid won it and I was second when I really laped him even the tamiya guys saw what happened but they said that it was up to the race director. No big deal I still had allot of fun anyways. It could have been setup I was going for allot of steering because of the small track and the car was turning in very hard and in order to do that I had to have very good tires, if they had any graining on them they went in the trash and that was usually after 2 runs or so. Just the price you have to pay to have a little fun.

Tsr6 you are most likely right about taking a hose to it but that makes for a big mess and you would have to either have a good drain and the floor angle right or use a squege on it and to use a squege with the sand in the paint would be very dificult. I also agree with you on Scotties islands. They were a little tough to get used to because if you clip one you end on your back but at least you don't break any parts. You don't see to many people other than sportsman drivers breaking anything anymore since he went to the islands. They look cool also.