R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reciever Capacitor
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 08:47 AM
2-Bad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erock1331
2-bad,

Say if i use my Novak GTX which already has the power cap (4700uf 10v) installed on speedo.

Am I being redundant in adding this cap to this receiver or will they serve 2 different purposes?

All I am trying to prevent is having to use a receiver pack.
With my quantum 1, it kept shutting down my spektrum reciever cause as I understand it the BEC voltage the Quantum 1 is set at is too high keep the spektrum reciever running when the voltage spikes/dips below the required amount to operate it.

so what you are saying is if i add this cap then I would have 2 caps on the GTX, the one that comes with it soldered to the battery/motor leads and then one soldered to the receiver plug leads
Erock.... The cap on the receiver plug is a filter for the voltages spike (under voltage protection), the one on the speedie motors is for motor spikes (to add punch). All this is good to add to your electrics...

I'm sorry if I confused the issue.... I was just thinking that it would be neater if the "voltage protection cap" was hard wired instead of using up a receiver slot to filter it from.