R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 07:39 AM
Jam-ehz
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Get these: #49355
and these: #49311 (the set above only comes with plastic retainers)
both can be ordered at speedtechrc.com
Are those retainers the same anodized blue as the Special Blue ones? I looked for a set but the ones I found weren't the same blue, was a little darker and greyish-blue.

On a side note, I replaced the spur with a Kimbrough 104T 64P, and it runs nice and quiet, unlike my chattering TB-02. I'm getting a 105T as well, and it looks like it'll be exactly the size of the 70T .6 that came with it. I figure just stick to 64P and be able to switch them between my TA05 and Carpet Knife.

Also, Tamiya pinions are pretty expensive ($20CDN for 2) compared to standard ones like Robinson (7.50CDN each). Also I can just pick up any spur, not have to hunt down a Tamiya one. We don't really have metric spurs readily available around here...
Otherwise, my only Tamiya spur options are only the 90/96T Evo IV spurs, and the 102T TRF415.

That setup sheet is great, thanks for posting it. I figure I won't be getting the LW suspension anytime soon, so I changed it to only show the standard TA04 suspension options. I cleaned up some type, added a few things I could use (shimming, body posts, spring preload), and took out some that I really didn't have much use for (front/rear width, suspension mount spacing). It's simplified for the simple, lazy user like me

My original has a colour picture, much nicer looking, but with the upload limitations of the board, I figured I should keep it small...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tamiya TA05 setting sheet reg suspension small.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	80983