R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2002, 09:44 AM
OB42TC3

Originally posted by bbntc3
I thought the most troubles at cinncy was ring/pinion stripping not a heating problem, that and the to small Ae brg. oneway! The yok oneway is the oneway cure! I keep ripping ring pinions out of my car now with only a 4 tooth spread between first gear and second with the Richey RTU and a Mip rear exhaust stinger, the car has unreal bottom and mid range power now!!! Anybody know or seen who is making the Delrin ring/pinions? I have heard of them but not seen them. I think bronze pinions would be the way to go! Ever thought of marketing that Rayhaung?

Hooked_on: I'm not having spur gear troubles unless I practice on dirty surfaces then the rocks etc. eats them up. I think Ae makes a lexan protective cover for the bottom that covers the spur gear area but not fir sure. BB
I think the stripping of the gears is because of the heat. I will try the ventilated front case the next time I go down to Cincy. I haven't had problems at Toledo when it was cooler. I have also lost two input drive cups when running a solid front axle. Plastic strength decreases with heat. GPM we want some delrin gears!