R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How To: Promote Sportman like Driving
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Hick
Tech Adept

Its basic economics, people get tired of having their equipment torn up they leave. Your choice, 1 "hackers" money or 2 or more good racer's (who might leave) money.

We run point series at our local events. Driver's who fail to marshall, fail to yeild their car for tech inspection, etc., forfeit a lap, are DQ'd or loose points.

Again, I believe the "hackers" competitors will take care of the issue.

A long standing problem here in Purgatory was the "gassers" getting up side down and blipping the throttle. After nearly loosing my eye sight (under entirely different circumstances), I was quite sensative about get stuff thrown in my face, cut and burned. Wearing safety glasses, if I marshalled one of these fellows and he wanted to continue to "blip his throttle" I put his car in the infield and he had to find his own marshal. The track staff supported me and others who followed suit, consequently, we rarely have a "blipper" nowadays. Come to think of it, we don't have as many runaways or limping marshalls as we used to.

So tactics taken by this hacker's competitors will have an effect. Say he is the last to be marhsalled!

PS. Why electric drivers marshall for gasser here, I will never know, I guess.

Last edited by Hick; 07-24-2005 at 11:09 AM.