R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Internet petition to have Homer Allman removed from R/C racing
Old 07-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Orange
Tech Master

This may sound like a Husband sticking up for his wife, but tell me if it were you, would you stay quiet?

Impresme: You have excellent views and ideas... I have thought these things for a very long time. Like you I once did not support ROAR. I tried to convince my former home track to be a NORCCA track when it was in it's early stages back in '93-'94. They went ROAR because the county property that the track was on would not accept NORCCA's insurance at the time (As far as I know they do not offer this now) I have some questions for you and this pertains to Homers antics of late... How does making "Internet Petitions" to remove people (That have a passion for our hobby) from an organization going to make things better? With that question, I would like to ask, Who has been in the spotlight for ROAR and taking ALL the heat by herself for anything that has happenned to and with ROAR?

Dawn has tried to answer questions to the best of her ability to anyone who asks for 3 years now.... Before that time were you ever able to ask or even get a hold of an ex-com member? I can answer that for you, it was like trying to pull teeth from an angy grizzly bear. I tried hundreds of times.... Even private messaged the former pres once about something and he basically told me to "Beat it" (No wasn't his exact words but was the impression I got)

These "Petitions" are being made to run people away.... Why would getting rid of people be a good thing for this hobby? Don't we want more people involved with it and not less? This thread and the other one on TTT are absolutely absurd! Dawn does not run ROAR by herself! She is however the one that takes all the heat.... Why should she be "Banned" for this?

I find it funny, that one day Dawn is telling me that Homer is a nice guy and that she claims she has this internet friendship with him that ranges from knowing birthday's, Astrological signs, how to feed Ferrits, How to take care of Frogs.... You know how I know this? Homer and I are both Virgo's and Lisa and Dawn are both Leo's.... They were friends and Dawn claimed him to be a friend...... The next day, hatred..... I just wish that they would just talk and resolve there differences because all of this is stupid.... Reminds me of junior high.

My vote is to get rid of all the negativity and everyone work together to make things better for our sport.... ESPN or whoever will not ever get into something that has such negative attitudes towards our sport. ROAR has what 6000 members.... That is nothing in comparison to the AMA which has over 160,000 members.... Our racing community is very small in comparison to other hobby related interests.... You could take all the people that are ROAR members, all the people that are RCP members, all the people that are NORRCA members, combined, would not even be close to the AMA even if you used the same names twice, three times, four times or more.... With our small amount of people we seem to have the most controversy, why would any broadcasting station want to have anything to do with this???