Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 05:40 PM
AdrianM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
Hey Guys,
I am planning on cutting my tires tonight and would like to know what size is a good starting point for the front and rear? I was running the tires box stock because they worked real well. But now I need to skim them and square them up.
Traditionally for asphalt you run 1.8" front and 1.9" rear. For carpet I run them at 1.75" and 1.85" to start. I use IRS milled lower AE arms (lowered .060") so I can use more of my front tires. With the IRS lower arms you can just about run the front down to the rim and still have decent ride height.

Originally Posted by Yellow15
Hey Guys,
it oversteer quite easily. I've tried using the thin T-bar and thicker front springs... but still oversteer quite a fit. what else can i try?
also the car goes to the right itself when i accelerate at low speed/from stand still. I've checked the tweak setting and it's perfect.. replaced the T-bar and still can't fix this problem.. i don't have this problem when running outdoor
Traction compound would fix this but since you can't use it try some platinum compound rears. They are softer and have more traction than pinks.

What are the other fast guys at your track doing? They would be a better source for help than us as they are racing under the same conditions you are.