R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Crashby
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Since we supply a number of OEM tires, the manufacturers can save money on kits by using unflanged bearings. We were asked to develop a wheel that utilized these bearings. I don't like them. They are very difficult to mold true.
We are currently redesigning or changing the material on every rim we make. As cars get faster, we need to have wheels that are sufficiently durable. Right now, I hear more complaints about our wheels' durability than anything. That is about to change.
Hey, Jack!

Glad to see you on this forum. As a long time supporter of JACO it's good to hear that you are addressing some wheel quality issues. While I personally have not had much front wheel breakage, we have gone away from JACO mostly because of the crooked rear wheels. I don't know what changed in your process but when you went to the white wheels, we rarely found wheels that were straight! They wobbled like crazy! This forced us to go to other manufactures which had better wheels but the rubber quality is not as good as JACO. Also, the white wheels will dissolve in lacquer thinner which prevents stripping of the used rubber and mounting doughnuts. This is a good option for some racers to cut costs.

Thanks for your support!