R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cyrul's Break in Procedures
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by afm
These new set I broke it in using a combination of methods. First tank with cool break in method on a bench runing and stoping every 2 minutes at idle, like STS recommends.
Second and third tank at WOT, very rich.
Next tanks on the car in the track up to complete 1 liter of Maxy's fuel.
Results.
This is the fastest STS engine I've had till now, I've won several races and it is going to start it's fourth galon of fuel. I've measured the engine after every race, and there are no signs of wear beyond limits, no power decrease and it runs 10ºC cooler than first set. Everybody asks me if i've done any mods to it, and answer is NO. It is a box stock D3R.
So, if that answers your question as to a measured and compared performance of methods over the same engine..... the answer is obvious...this last method is far superior than factory suggested method.
I once had a NovaMega EVO2 engine, not modified, but it was even faster then several EVO5 engines out there.
Don't forget that you can also be lucky with a piston and sleeve set you buy....

Factory drivers will get hand selected P/S sets, just like the one You and I probably bought.......

For the described break-in procedures, I think at the end, they all are good.......