R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
6g72tt
Tech Adept

Hey everyone, I tried posting this in the main forum but was told I might get better answer in thi thread, so here goes...

I am trying to get into 1/10th scale electric, I already race 1/10 scale nitro, but want something for the winter months.

So I was hoping you could help me out since I very new to electrics.

I have a chance to pick up a trf415 (not the MS, but a good amount of spare parts) for a pretty good price, with 4 gp3300 Matched packs ( i know i don't need these as a begginer, but they are included), LRP Quantum 2, Futabe 9550, 3 sets of rubber tires and rims and a couple stock motors for around $550

But after reading up it seems like the 415 is a hard car to get dialed in, and isn't the strongest thing out there either. So I like what I have read about the FK04 and you can get them at a decent price, FK05 i think is more than i need at the moment and local distibution for Xray parts is great.

I also thought about the TC4 (maybe factory edition when it is out) or the PRO4 because the parts are pretty much in every hobby store out their and seem to be very capable cars.

So I am just looking for some advice to see if i should jump on the 415 deal (hopefully i can eventually upgrade it to the MSX version eventually) and to know if I would be competitive with or if i should go another route

I plan to buy the Duratrax ice charger for my batteries and a itegy discharge tray. (or should i get the Novak?) I could also get the CE GFX charger buyt think it is overkill for me and like the fact that the duratrax can do LI-POL batteries too.

PLEASE HELP BEFORE MY HEAD EXPLODES!!!