R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stock Nationals
Thread: Stock Nationals
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 01:09 AM
teambighead
Tech Master

So, let me get this strait, Roar's rules online aren't correct. By saying this, I am to assume that if there is "one miss-print" in the ROAR rule book, I am sure that there is more of them....... Now be careful on how you answer that one, it might be used against you in future arguments, when roar "fumbles" again. *Note my choice to use "when" and not "if"

So, with that aside, how are we supposed to follow the rules that "might" be wrong, or "might" have typo's?? How is ROAR supposed to follow rules that might be wrong or could have typo's?? How do "I" get a copy of the rules that you are following? Do I have to know some one on the Excomm to get the actuall rules that will actually be followed. Because if there's different rules that I should be following as a racer, or enforcing as a track, I want to know.

You say--"This was the information given to the host track and documented with the Excomm. Regardless, the host track was given permission to not offer Master's as it is not a required class." --

Opposing info was posted on YOUR web site, in YOUR rule book! Which was updated for the 2005 season. It shouldn't matter if they were given permision to not run the class, because in YOUR rulebook on YOUR site it says that it is required to run that class. To allow them to cut this class, is the same as allowing one person to run an illeagle motor, or battery.

You say this is a "typo", It might be, but this is more than a typo, this is a chance to enforce a rule that is printed, from the same rule book that every roar race in the country goes by! You could turn this around and make the class happen, or you could sit by the way side and let the "host" track push you around and do what "they" want.... remember they are hosting ROAR's race, that have to do what you want them to have done...

If you really wanted this class to stay you would use this "typo", as you call it, to your advantage. You can use the Rule in favor of keeping the class this year, or you can use the "typo" excuse and dump it. So.......show us where YOU stand.

After all, if Roar can't make and follow it's own rules....... What's it there for??