R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 835 running Lola (parma) body
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 01:31 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windix60
Solara,

I am no longer racing Gas On-road but I can defiantly help you. When I raced the 835 I pretty much used 35 shore all the way around. Sometimes I ran 37 fronts for less traction. If the track has a big sweeper coming off the straight you can also use 37 tires on the driver side of the car. If you have to turn right off the straightaway. That will help even out the tire wear. The harder shore will keep the outside tires from wearing faster then the inside.
Pretty much at all the Midwest races I went too we started out with Red Front springs, Bar ¾ adjust for more or less steering 1 or 2 holes open front shocks ,Serpent 30 or 35 weight shock oil. Rear red springs 1/8th gas car rear swaybar (not the adjustable) 30 weight shock oil 3 or 4 holes open. If you need more rear traction yellow rear springs, stock swaybar, 2 to 3 holes open.

Hope this helps,
Kelly
Kelly....wow, I have to convert your setting onto the Impact setup sheet...thanks, and that really really help....I don't think I will ever though of using different shore of foams on 1 side then the other....I don't think I pushed my car hard enough to make 1 side of tires wear more then the other, but good to know.