R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
jeffreylin
Tech Elite

Robbie, my post was in response to another post claiming that G4 is not a good car because it never place in the top 10 in the national level. I think my post pointed out that is no indication of the car's capability but rather who they have racing the G4 (none or very few). The worlds is an example to illustrate my point since MTX-3 did not make it to the top 10 either and we all know it's a good car. When I said Mugen did not sent their top team I meant not to put whoever (including Mike) there down but it's a fact the top Japanese mugen drivers weren't there. Especially Fukuda who I think is one of the fastest driver in the world. In any case Mugen had a smaller team than what Kyosho sent.

But the point of my original post was not to discuss who is in the Mugen top team nor the result of the worlds. It's about judging a chassis based on race finishes. Sometime there could be a dominating and far superior chassis (eg RC10 in the early 80's) but more often than not it's the driver(s) and as you said the team effort behind it. Bottom line you simply can't say G4 is no good because you don't see it in the top 10!