R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racing at "The Den" - Monroe, WI
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Neil
Tech Addict

Yea the vid was upsidedown but I am running Firefox as a browser and will mess things up from time to time. Joe the key to a good burnout is about 3000 rpm, parking brake set hard and a little water. If you have a really good clutch 2nd gear is good for alot of smoke. Just some food for thought on frontdrive burnouts. A friend of mine entered a burnout constest with his GTi 16v. We got some ratty 14 inch tires from the junkyard with idea that we would smoke them until they blew. We had like five guys holding the back of the car because it would drag the back tires. We got the burout going everything was fine engine was around 3500 rpm no biggie. Tires were smoking great then all of a sudden the rpm started to drop and the engine slowed to a stop. It siezed we couldnt turn it over with a breaker bar. What happend? When we pulled the motor the entire intake tract was black. All the engine inernals smelled like rubber when we drained the oil it smelled like rubber. The intake on a car is in the front. So are the drive wheels engines do not like rubber smoke instead of air. John can burnout all he wants because the drive wheels are away from the intake. The engine doesnt suck smoke no problem. Oh yea he did win that constest and there were holes in the blacktop where the tires were.

Neil