R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Mongoose
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 03:40 PM
JABRONI
Tech Regular

Default Oval Car

Originally Posted by Motorman
I've been considering doing a ground up nitro oval race car that looks like this. what do you guys think.
open wheel offset mid mount motor and all
Motorman,

I may have told you, however, here is a quick reminder !!!

I was asked to be the Race Director for the Winternationals that were held here in Arizona in January, and with some help from our Nitro Onroad Gas Racing Buddies that race locally here, we helped put on one of the largest Oval Gas Racing races to date.

Check out this site for more info !!! http://www.rcwinternationals.com/site/track.html
You may even find a picture of my ugly mug in one of the forum threads listed as photo's somewhere !!!!!

Dennis Klein basically sponsored the race and is based here in Arizona with his own line of cars , Very Nice Guy !!!

But another player in the Scene is probably a welcome sight and is probably needed to boost it's attendance.

In any event, I think it would be awesome to pursue the thought and I know a couple of racers here that would be more than willing to test,race, and support the car !!!!

The race was basically all Gas, with several different classes , East Coast etc.. and if i'm not mistaken had close to 120 entrants.
A big contingent from Texas, California, and of course Arizona were present.

Send me a P.M. or give a call sometime to discuss !!!!