R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho v-one rrr
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 10:42 AM
kewdawg
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NiMo
Thanks for the offer but I have had cars set up for me in the past but I always find their set ups have too much front end turn for my liking, so I always go my own way hence me not driving an MTX3 which is used by most at my club.
I will have to get a set up sheet made, but here is the basics:
Front Shocks - hole 0, red Evola springs(1.7), 1 hole 40wt
Rear Shocks - hole 0, green Evola springs (1.9), 2 hole 40wt
Roll Bars - front vertical (stiffest) rear WC kit.
Camber 2 degree front and rear
Front toe out 1 degree, Rear Toe in 2 degree
Front Diff 50K, Rear Diff TCD with red oil
Ride height front 5mm rear 7mm (to allow for bumps on banking)
Tyres - GQ 42's all round
Shell - Protoform Vectra (a 4 year old shell from a V1R, new shell coming soon)

I went to the McLaren site many times when it was under construction but not since they opened up, I have also been to their many other sites they had scattered around Woking before they moved in to the new complex.
Your front end is way too soft. You're countering the lack of diff action, which is caused by the heavy diff fluid in the front diff, by using a super soft suspension. 50,000 wt. is too heavy / thick. You don't need to go any heavier than 30,000. Use 60 wt. oil in the front shocks and stand them up (use the outer holes on the shock tower). Set front droop to 1mm. These changes will stiffen the front end, decrease steering, and remove the twichiness. Slowing the speed of the servo should be done as an emergency remedy, while in a race.

jeffreylin is right - set you car up to have less steering. You want to keep the reaction time of your servo in tack. I only decrease my servo end-points when I'm running a wider tire (28mm) up front. This stops the rim from rubbing the shock ball cup.

Also, the higher rear ride height adds to the problem by putting more weight over the front end of the car. Use more rear droop and an even (front & rear equal) increase in ride height, to compensate for the bumps in the track.