R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New nitro car!
Thread: New nitro car!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Platinum_Racing
Tech Master

Default New nitro car!

I just bought a "New" nitro car from my local hobby shop for $75. No one anywhere can tell me what it is, but the half manual I got with it says it is a G.V. Models Super Cobra. The engine in it is a .15 ZX. I thought that this engine was made by O.S, but when I sent them an email asking for confirmation, they denied producing it. The thing about the engine that fooled me was the O.S. Aircraft head and pipe. If it wasn't O.S, I don't know who it could have been! It runs great, and I ran plenty of gas through it in the past several days. As of right now, the pull starter is broken, and I am going to buy an O.S. CV .15 engine, so I don't put a lot of wear on an engine that I can't get parts for anymore. It only had about 5 tanks through it when I bought it, and after a little scrubbing, I got the engine 100% brand new again. The clutch was no good, so I modified a flywheel, and clutch bell to fit a new clutch I had laying around. The car was orifionally a 4WD off-road buggy, but the previous owner turned it into a 4WD rally car. The reason I bought it is because I like rally racing, so it just seemed right to add a little bit of WRC to my collection. It is fitted with an Alfa Romeo body, and tires unlike any I've ever seen. I took it down to the Salem Common, in Salem MA, where there is a 1+ mile long outer walkway that's about 10 ' wide, and nothing but fine gravel and dust. Wringing out the back end going around the long wide turns was the best thing in the world. I absolutly love this new car. It looks a lot like an older verson of a Duratrax Overdrive, with blue chassis plates, blue shock towers, blue threaded shocks, and a wrap around top plate, The seal was gone in the primer of the origional gas tank, so I temporarily replaced it with a Kyosho tank I had laying around. I have the pictures on a folder in my computer, I just have to upload them to the site. I hope to have the whole page done by tomorrow night at the latest. Until then, I would appreciate anyone giving me more information on the car or the engine.