R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Track making thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 07:14 AM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I know that Road Domes and the RoadRail system has been a bit of a feast or famine topic of discussion around here, but I there hasn't been much talk in a while so Id like everybody's take on them
Really it depends on your demagrafic. At 4Fun and HotRods the Road Dome seem to be the right stuff. Yes it is exspensive, but after helping setup the track once at HotRods....it is Probably the easiest to setup...Just some nuts and bolts...
Here is a list of pros and cons from what I have experienced.
PROS...always first
1) Easy to setup
2) Very easy to change quickly
3) Durable....welll at least from all the damage that I probably caused them..LOL
4) Less harsh on your car.

CONS yea they always stink....
1) They make it very easy for a novice to bounce over and go into uncoming traffic.
2) If hit at the right angle and speed your car can turn into a RC Plane for about 4secs..
3) NOT CHEAP...

other than that...I liek the Road Dome....Makes life alot easier for the track owner....
One side note....after running at Camarillo on Sat...I dream of flying my car than hitting any of the Barriers at Camarillo....SHeesh....BRUTLE...fun track and I am thankful for it...CHAD does a great job...I just have to stay off the rails is all...LOL
Hope this helps,
-Shookie <><