R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2005, 04:05 AM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
You are talking 2 grams difference between the carbon ones and the alloy ones. The alloy ones clamp to the axle so the wheel does not pull them off and you wont lose the cross pin. Also the alloy ones are precision machined so they run perfect, unlike the plastic ones which develop play after enough crashes. Lastly you can over tighten the plastic ones and crush them against the outer bearings. I have done that on my original R40.
Yeah X 4 and its directly connected to the wheels. Its well worth doing this if your looking for performance. I can talk about unsprung weight of the wheels all day. This is essentially like getting lightweight wheels for a real car.

The unsprung weight of the wheel has a lot to do with how fast a car can accelerate. If you like lightweight shafts and 2speeds. This is almost the same effect but great in a sense. It should also increase handling efficiency.

I have lightweight rims for my real car. Its like night and day. Car becomes more responsive , doesnt get bothered by bumps as much , acceleration and braking is improved.

Ill just replace them if needed. I never had to with my racer2. But well see.