R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - If you could ask Rick Wilson a question what would it be?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:28 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Malin
It would seem logical that Roar should be the promoter of the nationals and as such provide the staff for the events. I would like to know why Roar has decided against having a small crew that is capable putting on all the events at host locations. I know a very capable race director that has done Nationals and worlds that has already offered his services and was denied. Please explain this decision.
I've always wondered this myself. It would seem that a crew of three people, an AMB system, and tech tools would be all that would be needed to consistently run ALL nationals. A tech official, a race director, and an announcer would be the crew. This would also give you an uneven number of actual ROAR OFFICIALS to make decisions that arise. Which version of qual points? The ROAR officials can vote amongst themselves. This way all decisions can be made FINAL, by actual ROAR representatives at the time the issue arises.

This also adds a sense of professionalism that I feel the sport SORELY needs. The same group of individuals at The Fuel On-Road Nats, The Electric On-Road Nats, the Oval Nats, The Stock and Mod Off-Road Nats, etc. would be a very beneficial thing in my opinion. The thing that makes Non-Sanctioned races like the Snowbirds, The Cactus Classic, CLEVELAND, and others so successful is their flawless execution time after time. I attribute this to the experience and skill of the people who run these races. With a few exceptions, there aren't a lot clubs or tracks that can throw a party like that successfully.