R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2002, 08:46 AM
NTC3NUT
Tech Fanatic

Default NTC3

Come on guys, the NTC3 is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. I race mine in 15-20 min. mains almost every weekend and I'm a novice (lots of crashes,ect.). The only problem I have yet to figure out is how to keep the ring gear on the one-way from stripping and yes, I do attribute this to the shaft drive. Other than that everything else is just common RC car stuff. I have built 3 kits, and have at least 5 fellow club members that I race with every weekend that own this car. None of us have this poor of an opinion about AE or their cars. No, Associated didn't win the Nationals, but they did TQ, and take 5 out of the top 8 spots. What other company can make this claim? No one else had more than 2 of their cars even qualify for that main. For a first year car you cannot deny that is awesome. AE has had their bugs to work out just like everyone else, give them and their car a break. Don't give up on a car that you've only had 3 months to figure out how to get to work properly, theres always next season. As I said in an earlier post, I think the Mugen looks awesome, so does the Koyosho V-One RR GT. If I had unlimited funds, I'd get them both. But why sell everything you own at a severe loss when you have a perfectly capable car in hand? Just my opinion, thanks for letting me vent.