R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 04:03 PM
POOKYT
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Brant,
a couple of questions if I may (cos I'm a little brain dead). Did you dremel the little boxes right through so you could fit the diff balls and lock the diff up that way or
Just scuff them up witht he dremel so the pads would grip better on the plates to the pulley?

(need more sleep!! )
Peter--Yes, cut a slot completely through the diff ring. At first I wanted to keep the slot for each ball small and only grip each ball. As I proceded, I found my " Ultra-Mega-Micro fine" eyeball was off just a little on a couple cuts. This caused theballs in the pulley to seat into the slots at different degrees so I inlarged the cuts. Once I did this, everything lined up and locked up very nicely. I even left the stock thrust bearing assy in it. Since the ring has the slots and the balls are captured in each one you do not need the sandpaper pads. The only word of caution I see any need for is to be sure and do not cut the slots too far in towards the center of the ring. My buddy Jimm went a little bit deeper than I did and after a couple bad crashes he actually split one of the diff rings and broke the spool. Other than that, it seems very good. later

Brant