R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bodies
Thread: Bodies
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 08:30 AM
NTC3Kitty
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
How does the protoform accord body handle? Have you tried it vs others?
I have about 4 protoform bodies. I'm not sure 100% how the accord is VS the others, I have driven it on the track and the same car same setup with the NSX body. The accord body seamed to like the turns a bit better, as I was much faster on the corner exits (i'm guessing, because I don't have timing gear and a radar gun, but I can see the car move faster down the track) however my accord body was cut wrong (my first 1/10 scale body) and sits about 3mm further forward on the chassi than it should if cut properly. I'm not sure how much of an effect this has on the handeling of a body as the downforce in specific points might not be useful anymore. and I'm not sure if it's even legal but it'd be neat to see experimentation with this.

also... there about real racecars being built from the ground up - aren't all cars built from the ground up? I mean they don't just pop out of a mold. and there are many factory productions cars that are hand built such as the Honda NSX and the AMG cars. heck my neon was "built" from the ground up... not one peice of stock stuff other than the engine is on there. well.. the doors and stuff (all 4 of them)