R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1500 batteries
Thread: 1500 batteries
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Mabuchi540
Tech Master

Default You didn't.....

Originally Posted by judge10tpt
Okay let’s get to the point of the thread, I didn’t want a debate on the rules that we run, I started this thread to find out about 1500 amp batteries so I could get the best runtime I could within the new rules

I am not here to say wither the rule is a good one or a bad one, I don’t really care I just want to race no mater what the rules are

So the point of this thread is to determine which the best 1500 batteries are around so that drivers that have to adjust to the new rule can do so by being informed about all the battery options

Cheers
race back in the old days of nothing but ni-cads did you? lol.

Anyway to answer the question. I'm fairly certain my Duratrax shark packs aren't 1500mah as they certainly don't have the duration of the Ampmax 2 packs I have. The sharks punch like SCRs did when I raced off-road.

But solely for run time I'd go for any genuine Sanyo 1500 pack. The Sharks don't appear to perform any different if charged at 4 or 5 amps and the Ampmax seem to like 5 amps with a top up at 6.

As for run time I've timed all my packs on my discharger and to flatten down to 6 volts the Sanyo based Ampmax have a steadier discharge and usually last about 30 seconds longer to the 6 volt mark.

But they DON't seem to like a charge the night before top up at the track procedure like the sharks do.