R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:33 AM
6g72tt
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff
I don't know where you read that, but we will NOT post a PDF version of the manual.
I read in this thread, the response was from Hebiki stating that you were getting to it in November of 2004. Didn't mean to offend but I thought Hebiki was a reliable Ko PROPO source. Below is the two posts, the question and response (Post #598)...

Originally posted by MarkBrown
The upcoming availability of Spektrum modules is making me think about getting a new radio. I've read this entire thread trying to understand the pros and cons of the Helios, and still have some questions:

1) Why does KO USA not provide the manual as a PDF? Other manufacturers do: See for instance http://www.futaba-rc.com/manuals/index.html .

2) Is it true that if some of my models can use Advanced HSR and others use Super HSR or normal rate, I must physically remove the module and flip some switches in order to change between my models? Given that many Tx problems reported on this thread were attributed problems with the module connector, it seems like a really bad idea to be constantly removing and replacing the module.

3) What value does the computer interface provide other than more convenience in loading tones into the transmitter? (And the ability to program servos -- something that nobody on this thread has said they've done.)

The value I'd most like to see is the ability to use the transmitter as a PC game controller -- is this provided?

I'm compelled to observe that PC serial ports are a legacy technology that many future PCs will not support. It would make a lot more sense for the transmitter to support a USB connection.

4) What level of technical cooperation is taking place between KO and Spektrum/Horizon and KO in the development of the Spektrum module for Helios? Does KO share technical information with Spektrum/Horizon on the module interface, or is Spektrum/Horizon required to reverse-engineer this interface?

Cheers,

--mark
hey mark.. ill try to answer some of your questions...

1. robert is basically the only guy at ko propo that does the website and support. he will be getting to it he's just a busy guy. (like right now he's in japan for a trade show. lucky guy. )

2. robert can clarify this for you but i think you can leave it on super HSR..and for your older receivers.. it'll just work in normal advanced HSR. i think? im not sure.

3. you can also program your VFS esc (if you have one) via the same interface. that way you can use it for the radio, servo and esc.

you can also buy a quick adapter to convert the serial port into USB.

4. i dont know.. but their technology is awesome lets hope it works well with the helios because i have never had glitching problems with my helios