R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4wd class, what do you think??
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 01:19 PM
fabolousRC
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by MOJOE300
Hey Fabulous rc, I loved racing my original wheelbase optima mid back in the day, it was awesome with the trinity graphite saddle pack chassis. Then the long wheelbase kit came out, and it ran awesome. But back then I was a schumacher man, running my schumacher cat with again the trinity "butterfly" chassis kit, that car was what I used to win my first regional with. I was known around as a "schumacher only" racer, remember the first 2 wheel car they made? The Topcat? I still have a brand new one in the box here, it ran ok at the time but the inboard shock design quickly changed into the first cougar. Speaking of Lazers, I have a brand new built Lazer ZXS, its from 1995. Derek Furutani and Greg Hodapp used that car in the 95 worlds at yatabe arena to make the A main, which Mark Pavidis won with a yokomo yz10 worlds car, one of my favorite cars I raced. Speaking of a 4 wheel associated car, I raced a MIP converted rc10 back then also, at first it was chain drive and needed ALOT of attention to make it run right, but it did run good. Then the belt conversion came out for it, and then later on he (eustace moore) made a new kit called the "legend" based on the Stealth tranny and it was belt drive, it ran better, but in my opinion never could keep up with schumacher cats, mids, or yz10's of the day. Ahhh the memories of back in the day... Sorry if I get a little nostalgic guys, It was a great time back then, and still is now....I just miss the 4 wheel rivalry, hopefully it will come back.
I'm buying ZXRR soon. Someone sold me for cheap and I guess he didn't know what kind of chassis it was. What's the difference between RR and S other than the body, man? I'm trying to get the heat sink motor plate, the one way systems (diff and pulley), alu steer bellcrank (for the ZXR), and remember the colorful molded wing bro? I had one in my first ZXR before I sold it and now I could only find the white and yellow ones (it's TR15's). I ask around at ebay and they though I was crazy!!