R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 1/8 on-road "XR8"
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Raul Garcia
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default lipoly

Originally Posted by duneland
Raul, what LiPos did you find that fit? I tried every source I could & nothing that would fit without modifications. I ended up using AAA's. By the way, I use spektrum also. Had LiPos in my Evolva with Novak sevo booster (voltage reg), no problems. Also had no problems with my spektrum in the XR8 (yet).
That's a tragic tale, I hope you find the source of your problem. Have you had your Spektrum updated?
How wide did you run the front-end? Which body? I was running the PRP body, but am having a Serpent body painted. The serpent is quite a bit wider up front.
Well the cell that I am using for the receiver are from Great planes. I am not sure of the part # but it is 2cell, and fits right in the tray, it is I think 1300mah. But the discharge rates are very different than the standard AAA's. In my helios with the spectrum they are awesome, but cant seem to find the right combo on the car side. What setup are you looking for on the frt, caster, camber, wheelbase, shock setup/angle, tire size, width, pulley size, servo saver,??????? Let me know. If someone can post a editable setup sheet, this would be great. I use only the PRP Lola. Protoform's are exactly the same, serpent bodies are not popular here..