R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Mongoose
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 02:58 PM
rc_alan
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys... If you want to see the wrong way to put together/build a Mongoose/G4, look at the current copy of RC-Driver Aug 2005... Not trying to sell Magazines nor flame it in anyway, but the author of the article and the person rating the Mongoose had wires hanging out of places... Look at the fuel tank under the car... the battery pack wire is hanging under the fuel tank... This guy also mounted the receiver on the chassic without it's proper mounts... It appears he put's the car together in 20mins... Strange thing is that RD Logics sent with the kit a motor as well for testing... The Auther swicthed and used the Picco-Mega 12 motor which is fine... A Very good motor when tuned right, he states the top speed for the Mongoose was 44 mph... It's clear the car was not built correctly or his radar equipment was not working correctly either... Note, in there Jan 1004 edition of the same magazine page 109, the Car as clock at 57 mph and that was with the old gearing and a old Rossi Pixy sport motor... The final drive ratio with the old was 4.947 and with the new Mongoose it's 4.842... I know some people are more biased towards some products then others... but this one was clealy a bad write... No, it was a joke... There's more to it, but don't want to flame the magazine because it's a good one over all... So if anyone want's to look at how not to build there Mongoose/G4, take a look at Aug 2005 of RC Driver... Now if you want to see a good build and good article, check out Radio Control Nitro July 2005 page 40... The main reason why I'm posting this is because many people read magazines and there articles before they buy a product reguardless of what it is... If it was about the Mugen whatever or HPI whatever, I would have posted the same way...

RC_Alan