R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Much-More cell master v1
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 06:10 AM
komkit
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That’s why I was just wondering. To me 3mV/pack seems a little bit too low. If I was to charging a 6 cells pack with 3mV threshold setting. Meaning 3mV divided by 6 cells = 0.05mV. Now that’s 50 microvolt per cell. Even we bumped up the threshold to 6mV/pack still that gives us 1000 microvolt. We will all have to have IDENTICAL characteristic cells in our pack. It doesn’t take much for a single cell to drop 1 or 2 mV during its peak. Its only takes 2 cells to drop more than the other 4 cells.

The step charging is pretty much guaranty 1 and 2 steps your pack will never fault peak. But what about the 3 step? So your cells in that particular pack have to be a top notch or a perfect matched, otherwise you might be having 2 bad apples out of 6 apples. That is if the threshold is setting TOO LOW.

Individual cell charging and monitoring system is the way to go I guess. MMCM is the way to go as of right now, I’ll experimenting some more on the threshold settings. In my opinion I’d rather cooked my packs then not having enough juice.