R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ASIA REEDY RACE....HONG KONG
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 05:09 AM
kitracer
Tech Fanatic

Hara 1st
Masami 2nd
Surikan 3rd

what a battle. very close race for the 3 drivers. Have to decide in the last round, round 8, as to who will be the Reedy Asia Champ.
The most interesting start, with all 3 drivers started from the front row!
Surikan got a good start from the inside and hara follow close and Masami stayed close from behind to see any mistakes from the 2 Hot body drivers. And they did, Hara / Surikan touched, so Masami passed both to lead. But within few laps, hara close in to attack Masami.. hara must be doing 11.4s. to 11.5s
But hara got too close and hit masami. hara stop and wait but Masami body went underneath the tires so hara did not wait that long. In the mean time, Surikan passed and Hara got a stop and go penatly ( total 2 stops) . Lots of position changed from the Top 3.
in the lap or last 2 laps, Surikan's batteries start dumping ( in the interview he said he press too hard in the beginning so not enough battereis in the end) so hara passed him to become the Reedy Asia Champ and Masami 3rd.

I think you will find lot of pictures from link below in the next few days.
http://www.rc-magazine.com/

There will be video of most of the race and interview with some of the drivers including Oscar explaining motor and batteries Tips.

That's it for now. If I can think of more, I will post it later.