R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Would have been nice to have you at the track. I was taking it apart and doing it by hand...which btw hurts like hell on that thing.

I dunno what the problem was though it was slipping then towards the end it was gripping nicely.

But I ran the car for a good 3 hours. I couldnt tell really any difference at all with the part. Otherwise I wasnt really paying attention just breaking in the motor.

Which BTW D3R's are just insane fast. This is my fastest motor yet. Which makes me really notice how I cannot drive with something so quick. When its being run ultra rich im an amazing driver. All my points and apexs and lines are perfect. When I lean the motor out. Im squirlley im late on apexes , go in too fast , spin out....lol. Its fun but man I wish I could handle the power.

But there was no traction compound so maybe that will help tommorrow. But all in all had good fun. Not a soul was there, so I get to have the advantage over everyone tommorrow. I got to have the track layout all to myself, while the sun was nicely setting and into the night. It was a nice day considering how beautiful the sky was.

Its time like this that truly make this hobby an enjoyment. Hopefully Ill post tommorrow another win. I just gotta find the right setting of speed and control. Enough speed to win but not too much that I cant handle it.