R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Hesky
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
No think of the car going over the water....just use your imaginary rc float tires. Going over all those changing waves. Now freeze the water , now drive on it. Thats essentially what removing flex does just the opposite. It makes your car that is flexy and freezes it so things arent moving like water aka waves over it.
Thats a pretty sweet analogy!

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
In this case it sounds like the suspension on our cars could be better developed for super stiff chassis platforms.
Just from reading this thread and taking in peoples ideas on how the car reacts to these specific adjustments I'm starting to come to the same conclusion, you cant tone down the darty/pointyness of the car without allowing for a little chassis twist and as hara has proven, quite a lot! this to me says the suspension needs further development to allow for much stiffer chassis, giving you full control and adjustment for which suspension geometry was intended, you just cant do this with the chassis.
Its pretty cool that racers have come to compensate for things like this and are trying different braces, chassis etc to basically go faster. As fastharry says by experimenting and improving our cars ourself like this its only gonna entice HPI to keep on developing the car.