R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ASIA REEDY RACE....HONG KONG
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 06:13 AM
Barry Baker
Tech Fanatic

Just got back to the hotel...wow what a long day.....Im whooped...

Oscar got here today from switzerland...he said he couldnt sleep on the plane and I think it was true cuz at the end of the day he looked like he needed to sleep for the next 3 days...lol

Practice started at 1030 this morning at the track was very loose......Masami looked the best(all that drifting practice)with Satoshi right behind a close second....I thought my car was ok but not great first time out.....with controlled tires but not controlled inserts or rims it is kinda crazy but I think everyone that is going well are using JB foams but all different wheels...

After 5 rounds of controlled practice there are 5-6 guys that have broken into the 11 second range with Hara being the most consistant right now...The track is still alittle loose so it makes for some fun sliding if you get off line(or a major jump off a dot to behind the drivers stand)I wont tell you who that was ......but I did loose my body clips on that one....LOL

Behind Hara, there is Masami and myself very close(so old school is comming through against all these young bucks...LOL)then Karn and Jilles(who finally got his car better).....

I am very pleased with myself right now...afterall it has been over a year since I have run rubber tires on carpet and the Factory TC4 is keeping right in there....

The race atmosphere is great....everyone is having fun...lots of joking around in the pits which is quite nice after all the race I have been to this month it takes some of the stress away.....The spectators are lined up around ever level of the mall to watch practice and its only Friday...cant wait to see how many people are there on the weekend....

I will keep you all posted with more news as the race goes on....

I am doing my best.....but I do need some sleep(after I redo my shocks)lol

Take Care and be safe this 4th of July weekend,

Barry