R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 08:24 PM
Sigearhead
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Danny, the setup I'm giving you is for a similar track, decent traction smooth with some bumps.

Front:
Toe: 0
Ride Height: 4.5mm
Camber: -2
Caster: 2degree
Arm spacing: std
front Diff
droop: 2mm
Pivot support 2F
Shock Tower: position #2
camber link: position #2
Piston #57
Oil 60wt
Spring Losi black

Rear:
Toe std 2degrees
Ride Height: 4.5mm
Camber 2mm
arm spacing: std
droop 4mm
Pivot Support 0R
Shock tower position #2
camber link #1 on the tower B on the hub
shock on the outside hole on the arm
piston #56
Oil 50wt
Spring Losi green

This should be a good starting point. The fron diff is used, oneways don't work well with foams, faster laps are achieved with standard diff. I would recommend Purple rears and Plaid fronts but double purples will work as well, the steering might feel a little more aggressive with the double purples as the orange ring around the plaids allow the car to turn smoother and not grip as hard. If you don't have enough off power steering place the camber link on position #3 on the tower. Also, 2 degree caster will give you a mild steering setup but if you like more steering going into and through the middle of the turn use the 4 degree blocks. If you have any questions let me know and I'll be more than happy to help. As for gearing, let me know the size of the track and I'll let you know what rollout you should be running depending on what stock motor or what wind mod motor you will be running. Later

I almost forgot: battery placement is forward.

Last edited by Sigearhead; 09-04-2002 at 08:27 PM.