R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Screwed by VR Mods
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 PM
suntok2
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro2go_racing
OK, for starters I sent Tim 2 motors to do. A brand new collari modified Sirio .12 5 port and a Sirio .21 PRO on-road with all new internal parts. When I got them back neither motor would hardly run. After inspecting them I found the crank and sleeve port timing to be so far out that it was a wonder they even cranked at all. I idled about half a quart through the .21 and the crank broke into at the back of the port where he had cut too shape of a radius in the corners. It had a brand new RB C5 carburetor that he beveled or tapered the bottom on to get it into the case that now slides out of any motor I try to put it in. The con rod was ruined when the crank broke. The sleeve cannot be used because of the butcher job he did on it as well as the case. He ruined the combustion chamber head by cutting slots or grooves in it. So really the only thing salvageable is the piston. As for the .12, nothing has broke in it yet but I attribute that to the fact that it won’t run. No matter what I do, I try to crank it and it floods. I even adjusted the needles down to a half turn out and it still spits fuel out the exhaust. Then as soon as you try to give it some gas, it floods out. I had the timing looked at by two other modifiers and both of them laughed when they saw the crank and sleeve. I had actually paid him for 4 mods and after getting these two motors back I requested my money back. He won't even return my phone calls or emails. He's had his home phone well actually his parents house (which should have been a clue) disconnected. In all, I have found that he know absolutely nothing about motor modifying, is a cheat, a thief, a liar, and a scam artist. All I got from him was 2 shiny paperweights and a lot of headaches.
Hi can you please put the picture what he did to your engine?