R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Aaron Waldron
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 08:58 PM
mafiaracers
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well....considering this thread isn't going anywhere....I thought I'd post my feelings and thoughts about poeple....in the hobby.

I got a job in the Car department of my LHS and am somewhat suprised. Being a hardcore racer, I went in assuming everyone was going to be buying MF kits and T4's and 33's and High Preformance shtuff....but I am quite suprised as I havn't sold anything other than TRAXXAS RTR's, REVOS, RTR's and sprot 1500's all week as well as last week!!!

All I work on is RTR this and RTR that! All I've answered is "why won't my engine run?" and "what's the fastest car you sell?" and "how fast does it go?"

People are literally shocked when I ask them if they want the car for racing or playinig...."RACING?!....you can race these things!!??"

I'm also a little tired of them being fully bummed when I throw out a price for an entry level Kit.....even a simple $200 to get a rustler running blows them away!! I mean, when I tell them I spend over a grand on each of my cars, just to buy them, they call me crazy! They think a REVO priced at $450 is a joke!!

All I can say is, "well, it isn't a Radio Shack car" and "for the price of 4 broken RS RC cars, you can have one of these that you can fix"

I've been working there for 2 weeks and I'm already tired of the redundant "my engine wont run..." Then I turn a screw a half turn, fire it up and they think I'm god!

I'm sorry....I'm just blowing off some steam....I was sort of expecting a little more out of the customer. Personally, I wish everyone was a racer.